Carrie Rys is the Assistant Vice President of Pediatrics Administration at Texas Children’s Hospital. Carrie has been with Texas Children’s for 20 years. During this time, she spent 10 years as a Director leading teams responsible for TCH and TCPSO Revenue Cycle Operations. In her current role, Carrie’s responsibilities include executive leadership of practice administration associated with 20 Pediatric Medical Sub-specialties. Carrie also has responsibility for the Centralized Credentialing Unit, including both hospital and payor credentialing activities. Carrie has a BBA in Finance as well as an MBA in Accounting.
Facing unprecedented challenges related to the COVID pandemic, Texas Children’s Hospital leveraged patient-facing technology to pivot to a new definition of patient access. Discover how Texas Children’s enhanced the digital patient experience and journey, fostered a zero-touch care environment and ensured continuity of care across various care settings.
This session will detail the people, processes, and technology changes that led to:
- More than 100K appointments scheduled online.
- 68K unique patients with telemedicine visits.
- An 8% increase in patient satisfaction.
- Nearly $1M in cost savings.
Participants will learn:
- What strategies are used to identify digital technology opportunities.
- How to address internal and external change management concerns to drive adoption of new digital technologies.
- How to ensure continuity of safe, high-quality patient care through virtual technology and in-clinic enhancements.