Anant Vinjamoori is a physician and product leader at Virta Health. There, he leads efforts to build Virta’s continuous remote care platform that delivers industry-leading outcomes in type 2 diabetes: more than 70% of Virta patients reduce their A1c below the diabetic threshold while reducing medications. This platform leverages data science and workflow design to enable a small team of Virta clinicians to deliver effective and safe care at scale. He also maintains a panel of Virta patients under his care.
Anant obtained his medical and business degrees from Harvard and completed his residency training at Brigham and Women’s Hospital. He is board certified in Internal Medicine and is a Clinical Instructor at the University of California San Francisco.
5 – Getting to Data-Driven Population Health Management: Four Innovative Outliers (Panel) (Population Health; Course Level-Advanced)
Few organizations are actively using analytics for population health management (PHM). In this panel, we’ll speak with PHM thought leaders from the “innovative outliers”—health systems, payer groups, and other organizations that are leveraging data and analytics in diverse ways to support transformational improvement in care and costs. Discussion may touch on questions such as:
- What is your approach to using data and analytics to stratify the right patients for the right interventions?
- What innovation have you done in the end-of-life care space?
- How is Medicare different? How do you adjust your interventions for this population?
- How do you think about payer-provider partnerships? How about provider-industry partnerships? Where have you seen these work well in the PHM space?
- How have your organizations tackled social determinants of health (SDoH)?
- Have you used machine learning, or seen creative applications of machine learning, in the PHM space?