Alex Wroe is the Director of Care Coordination, Utilization Management and Clinical Documentation Integrity at the Queen’s Medical Center where she leads at team focused on reducing length of stay, promoting patient flow and readmission prevention. She also specializes in addressing social determinants of health and capturing an accurate clinical record for optimized reimbursement and quality reporting.
Alex worked as an emergency room nurse before starting her journey in care coordination. She is passionate about care transitions, addressing health disparities and motivated to improve quality patient outcomes while decreasing total cost of care as patients move through the care continuum.
Alex has an undergraduate degree in nursing from Laurentian University in Ontario, Canada and a Master’s in Business Administration from The University of Ottawa. With over 10 years of experience in the healthcare industry in Canada and the United States, Alex is continuously working with internal and external stakeholders to challenge the status-quo and bring meaningful change to healthcare and the local community.
17. Health Equity Analytics Outlook – The Journey to Health Equity: How AI-Driven Care Can Help Drive Disparity Out of Care
- Dr. Anthony Sanders, Physician – OBGYN, Community Health Network
- Teresita Oaks, MPH – Director, Community Health Programs, Parkland
- Alexandra Wroe, Director, Care Coordination, UM & CDI, Queens Medical Center
- Jason Jones, Chief Analytics and Data Science Officer, Health Catalyst