Hidden opportunities can be found among health systems and other risk-bearing entities to improve the quality and decrease the costs of providing healthcare to at-risk patient populations. Discover how Health Alliance, a vertically integrated health system with a health plan and population health organization, found and maximized these opportunities by breaking down the barriers between entities to accomplish two fundamental goals:
- Implement a system-wide structure to manage sustainable population health efforts.
- Develop and implement a population health care model that improves the quality and reduces costs associated with a fully at-risk (capitated) population.
Early reviews of the population data, even accounting for the impact of COVID-19, show a 30 to 40% reduction in ED utilization and 27% decrease in readmissions. Data supports a 2.8:1 return on investment.
Participants will learn:
- Where population health staff must be embedded to make the biggest difference.
- What goals matter most when creating scalable population health programs.
- How program value can be proven even during utilization changes (such as those caused by COVID).