You Have a Dashboard and Lots of Reports… Now What?
Every day we swim in an ocean of data and try to make sense of it all with dashboards and reports. However, if we really get honest, how many of us can say that dashboards and reports have yielded sustained outcomes improvement? We can’t—because data alone is insufficient to drive the changes required in this new era of healthcare. During this hands-on, full-day session, national experts will help you move beyond the “so what?”. With a small instructor to student ratio, expect to be challenged and engaged. You’ll learn to take on a new mindset and behaviors that, when coupled with data-driven improvement methods, result in meaningful outcomes improvements.
Specifically, here’s what we’ll cover during this intense and concentrated period:
- Why a single data point rarely tells the whole story
- How to avoid making big decisions based on partial information
- Why even the best data can’t give you sustained outcomes improvements if there isn’t a culture of improvement
By the end of this course, you will:
- Understand variation and statistical process control charts
- Evaluate processes through a family of measures
- Learn what polarities are (think: quality and cost) and how they impact decision making
- Recognize the need for both technical and adaptive leadership
Who should attend: This session has been designed for leaders and members of data-driven improvement teams.
What to bring: You’ll want to bring an open mind and enthusiasm to learn in a way you may not have experienced before. All supplies will be provided.
Notes: Breakfast and lunch are included in the registration fee.